Hudson & O’Leary LLP is a full service law firm to our clients, mainly representing Texas local government entities and Hospital Districts in a wide variety of legal matters. Our past experience in providing legal services to numerous municipalities, counties, hospital districts and other special districts gives us insight into the legal needs of local governments, including navigating the special laws and regulations that affect them and their functions. Members of the firm have served in the capacities of City Attorney, County Attorney Pro Tem, and General Counsel to a variety of local governments in Texas, both large and small. In addition, we occasionally represent clients whose legal needs involve interaction and negotiation with local governments, including on issues of land planning and land development regulation. Our prior experiences in providing legal services for our clients have run the gamut from handling municipal court prosecutions, to intervening in the $17 billion dollar Texas tobacco litigation and obtaining a multi-billon dollar settlement for our clients in one of the largest contested matters of all time. Our services include:
- All legal matters related to Health Care Districts
- County Government law
- Municipality law
- Real Estate matters for Local Governments
- Procurement and bid matters
- Construction law for Local Governments
- Election law for Local Governments
- Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act
- Interlocal Agreements
Ours is not a cookie-cutter practice. Nor is it specialized in one particular aspect of the law. Rather, our representation of our local government client base has yielded a wealth of experiences in a variety of subject matters, from which we draw upon in seeking satisfactory outcomes for our clients.
In short, we enjoy handling our clients’ legal matters and the experiences that arise therefrom, and we hope to continue to earn their respect by providing successful outcomes.
All of the documents listed below have been presented by Greg Hudson during the last few years of practice. Please feel free to review and contact us if you have any questions about using these publications. Simply click on the topic.
Power Point Presentations:
- 2016 TIHCA Presentation
- Regional Planning Commission, Presentation to the Brewster County Commissioners and public
- Authority of District Judges and County Commissioners, Presentation to the Smith County Commissioners
- Sunshine Versus Freedom of Speech
- HIPAA, A presentation for the Texas Indigent Health Care Association
- Intergovernmental Relations, A presentation on Interlocal Agreements
- Interlocal Contracts
- The Texas Open Records Act
- Subdivision Regulation
- Pitfalls in Competitive Bidding
- Authority of District Judges versus the County Commissioners. A Power Point Presentation on Authority and Division of Powers at the County Government Level
We are proud of the fact that we utilize the latest technology in serving our clients’ legal needs, including extensive use of online legal research and web-based tools, document imaging and retrieval and an extensive forms database so as to provide prompt, competent, and highly secure legal services to our clients.